Hales Corners tax bills will be mailed by mid December. Residents have two payment schedule options for real estate tax bills.
1) Full payment on or before January 31, 2018 OR
2) Three installments payment plan - The lower third of the tax bill lists the amount due on each installment date. NO REMINDERS are sent. Delinquent payments are subject to interest and penalties.
· First Installment - Due on or before January 31, 2018: Approximately 50% of net general tax and Special Assessments plus 100% of all special charges (garbage collection, sewer and SWU).
· Second Installment - Due on or before April 30, 2018: 25% of net general tax
· Third Installment - Due on or before July 31, 2018: 25% of net general tax
If you choose to pay by installments, the responsibility for payment is on you as NO REMINDERS will be sent! If an installment is missed, the account will be delinquent and result in penalty and interest charges accrued monthly; and you lose the installment payment option as the entire amount owed is due.
The Village Clerk’s Office is open Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) A drop box is available for tax payments the week prior to the due date for after hours drop off payments. Please submit in a sealed envelope and include a phone number in case there is a problem so we can contact you.
The last day to make payment in the Village of Hales Corner's office for 2017 property taxes was Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. All delinquent payments need to be made at the Milwaukee County Treasurer's Office. Call 414-278-4033 as interest and penalty will continue to accrue monthly.