Hales Corners

Village of Hales Corners, Wisconsin


The Village Clerk’s office regulates and administers license issuance.  Please click on a link below to view information regarding a particular license.  Most licenses are valid from July 1 through June 30.  Click a link below for more details on the Village's licenses. 


Food establishment (restaurant), bed and breakfast, swimming pool, massage establishment, and tattoo/body piercing establishment license information is available on the Health Department page (link to the left).


Real Estate and/or Personal Property must be paid IN-FULL before licenses are issued. There shall be no outstanding code violations with the Village as well.


Note: Event licenses for Temporary "Class B" beer and/or wine need to be submitted along with at least one Operator License if an already licensed operator is not on the premise for the entire event. Submittal is required at least 6 weeks prior to your event to allow for approval.



Cat & Dog Licenses

Dog and cat license renewal cards are typically mailed out in December by the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC). All dogs and cats five months of age or older must be licensed. Pet owners may renew or purchase licenses in person at the Village Hall during regular business hours from 8a.m.-5p.m. or at the MADACC offices (3839 W. Burnham Street, West Milwaukee), by mail through either office, or via the internet at www.madacc.com. Pet licenses and renewals are due by March 31, each year. Remember to provide updated rabies vaccination information, as needed, for your pet’s renewal. Rabies and spaying/neutering records must be provided for new pet licenses. A late fee is applied beginning April 1 for pets that are not new to Hales Corners or your household, over five months of age.


Massage Establishment License

All  Massage Therapist's practicing in the State of Wisconsin must hold a valid license through DSPS. The Village will check the status of your license through the state upon receipt of your application.

Operator (Bartender) Licenses

The Village requires a licensed Operator onsite at all times observing those serving alcohol under him/her. We also require 15 day waiting period before all licenses are approved.

Please read the application above for further details. Regular and Temporary Operator Licenses require Board of Trustee approval. See Events Calendar on the main page for potential dates and times. Regular Operator Licenses are good for 2 years (even year renewal). If you are granted a license in an odd year you will still renew in the next even year.

If there are convictions the application will be on the agenda for both the Committee of the Whole and Board of Trustee meetings. The applicant will be encouraged to appear.